Sunday, 10 April 2011

IIT-JEE- the final frontier


The hot wind blew steadily out of the window and the morning air was moistly steamy. Nothing moved acrosss the room. Under the high ceiling fan everything seemed frozen and desolate too. Over everything laid the silence of death.
But emptiness I knew was an illusion. So,was desolation and silence. Only the question paper infront of me was real, a bunch of 32 pages which could decide what's in store for me in my future. 

Every small noise apeared to be coming from a jet engine. The girl behind me read the questions aloud- a manner in which only female sale's executives from shopper's stop utter on phone to lure you into shopping your heart out for them. A phat ass sardar on the right appeared to be overloaded with stationary, which he dropped evry few minutes (besides he smelt like a spoilt potato). The invigilator looked as if she's been called from Scotland yard to invigilate and I was the terrorist she's been looking for a long long time. Resolutely, desperately alomost, I crushed down all the creepy song's which my sister played in the car on the way to the exam centre. "Chaar baj gaye lekin party abhi baki hai" didn't seem to leave my mind when i stopped reading the question and proceeded to check the correct option.

I wanted to forget evrything except what I had studied for 2 years at my coaching but mind seemed to be working for my enemy.

Fianlly after the first question which I confidently tick marked the bikini babe from the movie "F.A.L.T.U." left my brain. I remember nothing from that time onwards (except for the sardar who carried the stationary market with him and forgot to bring a rubber which he asked for, evry 2 mins). Coming to the end of the exam I wished I had not wasted my initial few minutes and done a few more integer type questions. Alas nothing could be done and the invigilator (scotland yard detective) snatched away my sheet :(

Well, to all my seniors- kudos to you. Its hell of an exam
        to all my batchmates- I hope you people did extremely well.
        to my juniors- You'll know what it is like in a few days. :P

If anybody read it. Thanks !
And to those who found it boring. Sorry guys, it my note :P

2 comments:

  1. Dude u actually write good... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have potential of being a great writer. All the very best Manas... I am sure you will do great things in future.

    Abhishek Jain
    Mumbai

    ReplyDelete